At a glance
Born and raised in a suburb of Detroit, MI. Received a Bachelor of Science in Animal Science from Michigan State University in 2006. Received an Associate in Business as a Computer Support Specialist from Lansing Community College in 2010.
My love of horses lead me to relocate to the horse capital, Lexington, KY at the end of 2011. Worked for equestrian organizations as an Executive Administrative Assistant, a Sport Programs Administrative Coordinator, and then a Junior Data Analyst before becoming a Software Developer.
Completed the Intro to Web Development (part-time, evenings, 9 weeks) course through Awesome Inc. Completed the Spring 2019 Web Developer Bootcamp (full-time, 4 weeks remote, 12 weeks in-person) course through Awesome Inc. Checkout my blog to see my journey through the Bootcamp.
I am a detail orientated individual with a passion for problem solving and helping to create cleanly designed and implemented interfaces for users.
WEB DEVELOPMENT & SUPPORT SPECIALIST
AUGUST 2020 - CURRENT
- Completing browser, device, accessibility and functionality testing for all releases.
- Ensuring product compliance with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 and Section 508.
- Providing post-launch client and product support. Monitoring all client service desk inquiries and diagnosis.
JUNE 2019 - AUGUST 2020
- Created, updated and maintained custom React/Django websites for clients.
- Participated in pair programming and sprints.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPER LEVEL 1
OCTOBER 2017 - FEBRUARY 2019
- Created content, made modifications and resolved bugs in the existing in-house WPF application (.NET WPF VB).
- Optimized frequently used queries and processes within the application to reduce load time and strain on the system.
- Instrumental in the integration and creation of website pages (ASP.NET Web Forms VB/C#) that accessed USEF’s database for the rollout of a refreshed website for an affiliate organization.
- Member of a scrum based team that consisted of seven other developers and two project managers.
JUNIOR DATA ANALYST
MAY 2014 - OCTOBER 2017
- Planned, organized and built reports through TSQL querying of the database with Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Management Studio for internal requests submitted by other departments.
- Provided monthly reports to outside organizations using Access and Excel.
- Handled daily processes including the integration of financial transactions.
- Created “fillable” forms with Adobe Acrobat XI Pro for the website that were utilized by USEF membership.
WEB DEVELOPER BOOTCAMP
AWESOME INC U
COMPLETED MAY 2019
- TOPICS: CS and Programming Fundamentals, Full-Stack Web Development, Tech Job Skills
ASSOCIATE IN BUSINESS - COMPUTER SUPPORT SPECIALIST
LANSING COMMUNITY COLLEGE
GRADUATED MAY 2010
- Courses on installing, modifying and making minor repairs to computer hardware and software systems, along with providing technical assistance and training to system users.
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - ANIMAL SCIENCE
MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY
GRADUATED MAY 2006
- Agribusiness Management Specialization with an overall Equine Emphasis.
- 98-364: Database Fundamentals - Certified April 23, 2018
- 98-361: Software Development Fundamentals - Certified August 27, 2018
- 98-375: HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals - Certified October, 1 2018
MICROSOFT OFFICE SPECIALIST
LANSING COMMUNITY COLLEGE
- Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word.
Bootcamp ProjectsHorse Lesson Assistant
Login required. Read about it in my week 9 blog post.
Pulls from an API. Read about it in my week 3 blog post.
Campaign website for fictional character, Buffy Summers. Read about it in my week 1 blog post.